Who we are
We are the Woodlands Hotel, located at Station Rd, Sidmouth, EX10 8RG, Devon, United Kingdom.
Our website address is: https://woodlands-hotel.com.
What information do we collect about you?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as a Woodlands Hotel customer, for information about you and/or members of your booking party, such as:
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card details (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your arrival and departure dates.
- Your preferences and interests (for example, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our hotel.
The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult.
We also collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences on our site so that we can regularly improve our website. These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to an individual.
We will only disclose your information if it is lawful to do so in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
How will we use the information about you?
We use your information in a number of different ways, primarily to fulfil a contract between you and us, and also provide excellent service to our customers — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we use the information we collect for, and the lawful basis we rely on to process it.
|PERSONAL INFORMATION||WHAT WE USE IT FOR||LAWFUL BASIS|
|Contact details||To manage your room(s) reservation and any requests relating to your stay with us, and other hotel services. To manage your use of any hotel services. To manage invoicing and payment records.||Contract|
|Personal information||To improve hotel services, enter you into our marketing activity with your consent, to assist promotion of and adaptation of our services.||Legitimate interest. Consent.|
|Information related to your children||Limited to nationaility and date of birth which can only be supplied by an adult. Used to manage their stay at the hotel.||Consent|
|Credit card details||To secure bookings and take payments for hotel reservations and services.||Contract|
|Arrival & departure dates||To manage hotel bookings.||Contract|
|Preferences & interests||To enhance your stay at the hotel and to customise our services where possible, according to your requests and requirements.||Legitimate interest|
|Questions / comments||To collect feedback so we can monitor customer experience and improve our services where possible.||Legitimate interest|
|Browsing data||To monitor website performance and improve the online customer experience where possible. To provide data for retargeting of advertisements.||Consent|
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to restrict direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us, details in the contact us section at the end of this document. The Data Protection Act 2018 also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the UK. This is Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Keeping Your Information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us, and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting.
We’ll also hold on to your information, if reasonably necessary or required, to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions. We may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
- Business partners and third parties involved in the delivery of services
- Our marketing and advertisement partners
- Our agents, advisors, consultants and other third parties in order to enable us to operate effectively and provide the best service to our guests
- Third parties when we have your consent or if it is legally required
How we secure your information
The Woodlands Hotel takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information.
Policies and procedures
- We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
- We have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely.
Vendor risk management
- We require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt-out at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Site functionality cookies. These cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features
- Customer preference cookies. When you are browsing, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, more personalised to you, and save you time specifying them again
- Targeting or advertising cookies. These cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
Changes to how we protect your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our services.
How to contact us
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
You can contact us at email@example.com.
Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at: The Woodlands Hotel, Station Rd, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 8RG.
This policy was last updated 15th January, 2021.